Friday, July 29, 2016

Back in GR

It's really fascinating how 3 months of completely laid back living, no pressure, rarely a specific appointment time, has shifted back to not hurrying exactly, but being on a schedule. Today was the longest driving day yet -- about 11 1/2 hours including breaks, from Ithaca to GR. Remy and I were getting kind of sick of each other by about 9 hours, but then we had a break for him to eat some supper and both of us to go to the bathroom, and the last couple of hours weren't so bad.

I'm staying at Annie's. She offered, and it felt so good to imagine being there with her. Tomorrow, I get up early and drive to Whitehall, where the dog boarding place is that is recommended by my vet. It's called Dog Star. I called today to make a reservation, and they have room for Remy, but first he has to have a "temperament evaluation." The young woman I spoke with offered to have that done when I take him out there on Monday, but I decided that, with his "temperament" as it is, it would be better to have it done in advance, just in case they're not willing to take him and I need to find another place. I hope that won't happen. I have a lot of faith in people who really know dogs. And he's done well in the past when he's been with other dogs. Plus, if I can leave him for a short while and return, that will let him know that this is a place where I'll come back to get him -- a very important consideration.

I'll see my folks tomorrow, and Joseph. Sunday morning, I'll probably see Sue. And I want to see Chris as soon as I can. Monday is getting quite booked up including an appointment with Jock, a chiropractic appointment, and lunch with Kathleen and Maria. And then I'll have to drive Remy back to Whitehall for his boarding.

Whew!

It will be kind of relaxing to travel without Rem for 10 days. I'll be able to bike whenever I want and do a lot of other things with more facility. But I will miss him, too.

My last days in Ithaca were filled with good food, reading Travels with Charley, writing a little, getting really good feedback from my Airbnb host, Hank, and Abby. I'm gonna miss that girl till I get back there to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment