Sunday, July 31, 2016

The wide, wide, world

No more has the world in which I reside seemed wider and more nebulous than now, as I sit on the floor at Annie's in my nightgown, writing my plans (or speculations) in my computer's calendar. Now through the 12th of August, I can write something planned or assumed in each day: today has plans with friends and bicycling around GR, tomorrow some of the same and taking Remy to be boarded in Whitehall, Tuesday I leave for the south with my parents, etc. We return from the Carolinas on the 12th.

After that, it's all speculation. No path has been laid out for me. Sometimes, I travel back in my mind to the sign outside Spirit Dreams: What would you do if you had a million dollars? Why don't you do it anyway? That sign helped me to focus back in about 2000, and it still helps today.

If I had unlimited financial resources, when I return from the South, I would get a different vehicle, probably a decent truck with a nice camper back, stock up on things I need for comfortable travel, and head west again. I would spend some time in Chicago with friends who have asked whether I'll be passing through their neck of the woods.

Depending on Abby's wedding planning needs, I'll be available to fly or drive to Ithaca as needed, perhaps picking up Kathleen (who will likely be making Abby's dress) on the way. I'll buy a small, comfortable, easy-to-maintain place in Florida as a "home base," and I'll keep traveling. With unlimited funds, my travels will take me outside of the US to places like: Costa Rica, the Galapagos, Australia and New Zealand, and SE Asia, perhaps at some point to Europe. I'll only see snow if I want to or if the people I love need me in the North when it's winter time.

I'll write music, spend more time on getting the music I do write out to people who will want to use it, and write words, too -- something more accessible from the bones of this blog, perhaps, and other observations about people and life. If I'm in a place for a few months at a time, I will find a job (paid or volunteer) where I can be useful. Things I like to do involve helping people -- cleaning for others, cleaning up beaches, taking care of/entertaining children, teaching some skill, helping people find themselves and a peaceful existence.

I'm just watching the unfolding and staying in a state of wonder, rather than anxiety. The possibilities are, for all of us, endless -- even at the end. :)

1 comment: