Monday, July 4, 2016

It's HOT in Vegas

The day began with packing up and saying good-bye to Joan. Of course, I was up about 4 hours before Alice, so I went to a coffee shop and read for a while, then drove a little, dropped off some stuff at Goodwill, went back to the coffee shop to use the bathroom, found a recommended breakfast restaurant and discovered that it was closed for the holiday, then found another one and got our name in before the others arrived.

I was seen off by Alice, David, Jess, and Cassidy. I had a great visit in LA, and all of these people were part of it. I really appreciate the time that Alice devoted to my eating and entertainment, and the fact that her friends welcomed me so readily.

It was a long, hot drive from LA (where the temperature was about 80 with a pleasant, cool breeze), to Las Vegas (where the temperature was 107 when I arrived). Traffic wasn't too bad heading east, but I'm glad I wasn't going the other way. It looked pretty backed up westbound.

The landscape through the Mojave is beautiful in a sort of scary way. It's so dry and empty, yet I know there are living creatures out there.

I took an early exit in hopes of finding a bathroom, so I saw a slightly more close-up view of some of the larger Vegas hotels than I would have from the expressway. I found my way to Stephanie & Robert's house, and found that they had returned from the airport with one of Stephanie's good friends from GR and her husband. It turned out to be Amanda, who had cut Abby's and my hair several times, and Ryan.

Everyone has been really understanding and patient with Remy. Amanda has offered him her hand, and he has "bitten" it, but not ever hard. Apparently, Amanda and Ryan have a similar dog who makes scary noises and feigns biting. It is really nice to be someplace where people aren't afraid of him. He seems happier, too.

I heard some talk about being shown around a certain street in Vegas tomorrow. Don't know what else is on the agenda, but whatever happens, it will be HOT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment