Friday, June 17, 2016

Lake Wildwood

Lake Wildwood is the name of the gated community in which I am currently staying with my Aunt Mary and Uncle Ward. Our main activities of the day involved getting into Penn Valley so I could get my oil changed, my bike lock cut off, and my car washed. We had some lunch at a great little deli right next to the car place, and then we traveled on to Grass Valley to just walk around the town and see what's what. This activity included the purchase of a few more trinkets for my kids, and ice cream. Then we stopped at the co-op, and I got a few staples for my upcoming trip to a place near Yosemite.

My cousin Kathy and her husband Richard came over for dinner. Aunt Mary had another event, so Uncle Ward and Richard prepared the salmon they had brought, I made a salad, and Kathy prepped the salmon and made the broccoli. We had a lovely meal and then sat around talking until after Aunt Mary came home.

It's lovely being with people I know and who know me, in the midst of traveling alone. Uncle Ward suggested this evening that I stake out the people to see all around the country and then just keep circling, year by year, repeating my visits. Hmmmm.

I promise to take some more photos tomorrow. We'll be seeing some more wild areas and visiting Ananda Village, where Kathy and Richard have lived for 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment