Friday, June 24, 2016

Restaurant eating does it again!

Remy and I had a lovely visit to Napa. We arrived about 10:30 and had free parking for 3 hours. After I updated my blog in the Information Center, we strolled down Main Street, checking out the restaurants and looking for some of the places that Alice and I had shopped 3 years ago. I should mention that I was experiencing some slight "sour stomach" symptoms, most likely due to the glass of wine I'd had last night, but for the most part I felt normal ... and hungry.

We found a place called Jax White Mule Diner (sounded less likely to be horrendously expensive than a lot of other places we passed). I ordered the Cali Benny. In the Cali Benny, there is no Hollandaise sauce. The poached eggs with spinach and avocado get salsa instead. This seemed healthy to me. I had a conversation with the server about the potato choices. She said they don't recommend hash browns to people with wheat issues, since they're fried in the fryer with breaded foods; but she didn't think there would be any problem with tater tots. (I can't tell you how long it's been since I had a tater tot!) So I ordered them.

After a miserable drive from Napa to King City and an evening of moderate abdominal pain, I finally threw up and took Remy for a walk. I'm not 100% by a long shot, but I'm starting to feel better. I looked up the ingredients in tater tots. The server was right. No flour. But between dextrose and natural flavor, I'm betting on MSG, which would explain a lot of things about the way I've been feeling: irregular heartbeat, drowsiness, headache, and of course the abdominal pain.

I've been "sleeping" since about 8 p.m., but I think now I'll really be able to sleep. Looking forward to it.

BTW, with the exception of the tater tots, Jax was really good. I found the store where I'd purchased some clothes I liked 3 years ago, and I bought a couple more items.

Driving in middle to western California is a completely different animal than northern and eastern California. The stress of the drive surely didn't help my condition.

Looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment