Monday, June 13, 2016

Tacoma

I bid a fond farewell to Dick and Nancy this morning, hitting the road about 9:30 a.m., I think. I drove south along the west side of the Sound toward Tacoma. The scenery along the way is as green and glorious as everywhere else I've been in the area, and the Tacoma Narrows bridge is stunning.

When I arrived in the University Place area of Tacoma, I knew that my friend Dianna and her husband would not be home yet, so I Google searched a department store where I could finally purchase a racer-back bra, so I would be able to wear some of the summer tops I had brought with me, once I get to the warmer climes of northern, and especially southern, California. After that, I sought out a bike shop near Dianna and Bob's house, but it wasn't open.

By the time I had run those errands, they had arrived home, and I continue on to their abode.


The view from the corner of the driveway at Dianna & Bob's house.


The view across Gig Harbor, as observed from the hot tub.



Sunset as viewed from the front window.


It was a fun afternoon. First, Dianna made me some breakfast for lunch (my favorite!), and then she and I went out to pick up her tenor ukulele, which had come in at Guitar Center. At some point this afternoon, I had a tour of Bob's amazing backyard garden which includes some very interesting tree variations, a grape arbor, raspberries, bamboo, a banana plant, and a beautiful koi pond. 

Dianna and Bob treated me to flank steak, baked sweet potato, asparagus, and mozzarella salad for supper, followed by hot tubbing, and then fresh strawberries with real whipped cream. In between, there was lots of just talking about stuff. I fell very comfortable and welcome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment